Wednesday 6 May 2009

PART1- ANALYSING MY WORK

written documents
From my present point of view and with the knowledge that I've gathered in the last two years I now have the tools to analyse the first written document I produced, and comparing it to my last entry.
First of all I want to start with examining the content: obviously the two entries differ in that because each one deals with the situation at that particular time. Yet even though they seem different they have the same subject in common, they talked about my first and my last day of "batchillerat".
Secondly, I had a look at the structure lenguage and fluency of my work, I realized that in my first entry I used a lot of short sentences, repetitions of certain words (really, so, very...), Spanish translations (spanglish: lost ways instead of secret ways..) incorrect use of prepositions as well as spelling mistakes. Having said that I don't want to say that I don't make any mistakes now, but that now I am able to spot the mistakes I made two years ago. As far as fluency is concerned I jumped from one topic to the other without using connectors.
Summarizing my evaluation I have to say that if I had to write about the same topic again I would do it in another way, I'd use different vocabulary and I'd express myself in a more mature way. I think I have proved that in my last composition, thanks to all the posts in the blog.
links:
oral presentations
When evaluating my first and last oral presentation the first thing that comes to my mind is the difference in the presentation itself:
We had to do it alone, whereas all the follow ups we did with a partner.
The first presentation was an easy one because it was about my life and I felt comfortable in presenting it in three minutes. Now the presentations are much longer and the topics very often more challenging.
In terms of use of language and structure as far as I remember I used inapropriate vocabulary (when talking about a man I used the female personal pronoun) and my sentences were very short.
Due to being nervous I talked very quickly, I gesticulated and I moved my body a lot, that surely must have made it difficult for my classmates to follow my presentation. However comparing it to my last presentation I would say that I have improved a lot and that now I can be calm while I'm doing a presentation- thanks to the experience of the last two years.
As far as pronunciation is concerned I do have difficulties remembering it but it must have been worse than it's now.
To sum it up I think I have improved in all the linguistic aspects thanks to all the hard work behind.
links:

1 comment:

KST TEACHERS said...

As you have already commented,it is amazing the amount of writing you've done, congratulations, not only for the hard work but also for the quality. It's true that now you're ready for any speaking or writing situation!!

Good luck!1