Wednesday 29 April 2009

BILLY ELLIOT


Billy Elliot is an shy 11-year-old living with his miner father and older brother Tony during the political unrestfull times of the 1984 miner's strike.

Times are hard, Tony and his father spend their days fighting the police while Billy takes care of his senile grandmother and at the same time becoming a teenager.

Billy's father sends him for boxing lessons, but unfortunately, Billy isn't interested in expressing himself that way, he is much more interested in the ballet lessons next door.

When Billy's father finds out that his son has turned to dancing and not boxing, he bans him from taking classes. However one night he witnesses his son performing for schoolfriends and is so much moved by the boys passion that he sets about raising the money to send his son to London, to become a pupil of the Royal ballet.

After years of hard training Billy's father and brother are invited to one of his performances in London because Billy Elliot has turned into a succes.



CRITICS


It's a nice film which wants to teach us a good argument: follow your dreams and never give up trying.

On the other hand, from my personal point of view, some scenes are a little bit boring because I don't like dancing a lot.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen Billy Elliot many times. I really enjoyed the concert. Last year I got a cheap a ticket and I went, I really had a great time there. Recently I got my ticket from the same place to see it again

http://www.ticketwood.com/theater/Billy-Elliot-Tickets/index.php

So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the show.