Sunday 1 March 2009

THE TRIP TO LONDON!!


On the 21st of February about 30 students from the high school set off to a 4 days trip to London.
We flew from Girona at 6’o clock a.m and arrived in Stansted airport at 8’0 clock. From there we took a bus to the hotel where we left the suitcases, and immediately started exploring London. On the first day we didn’t do a lot because we were all pretty tired… so I and my group spent the afternoon sunbathing at the Trafalgar square.
Well... All in all we had a great time and we did a lot of things: On the one hand we visited a lot of cultural places, like: The British Museum, Trafalgar Square, The Buckingham Palace, The Tower Bridge, The Globe theatre…. And all of them were quite impressive.
I had been to London before, and my opinion of it was not so good, I thought that it was an ugly place, and this time when we returned home our idea was completely different because I’ve visited more interesting places, the weather was nicer… so I think that we have enjoyed these four days a lot.
One of this places i hadn’t visited before, was the speaker corner which it’s amazing. All the dialogues there were, from my point of view, about unserious things like god; but at the same time they said really interesting things and they believed in them strongly, they didn’t mind shout to express their ideas.
On the other hand we had a lot of free time, which we were very grateful for to the teachers, and we could spend the time doing things that we wanted, such as going to Covent Garden, Oxford Street… or simply going to typical English pubs to eat, or take a coffee.
During all of these activities we practice a lot our English, asking for directions, ordering food… but of course our level of English hasn’t changed a lot because we only spent four days there. So... we must go there another time!!!
The teachers said that we have to do this composition because you want to know our opinion, so I’ve done the composition and I want to say that you have to try do it every year, because it’s a really nice experience.
About the hotel... and all the organization, I think that it was so good. From my point of view I passed a really good time in the hotel and it was so comfortable, we don’t need more!
It was a pretty funny trip!

No comments: