Wednesday 11 March 2009

OUR ORAL PRESENTATION.

Compared to the last oral presentation, Carles and I had much more fun doing this one. Why? Because this time we did it about London, so while we were preparing the presentation we had to look for pictures, talk about our trip, and of course find more information about London. In this way we re-lived our English-experience.
This was our last presentation, so I wasn’t really nervous, I mean that I’ve already done five oral presentations which has given me some experience. This time, from my point of view, I did the presentation more fluently, and talking about Carles, I think that he did the same. Furthermore I think we managed to look at our audience all the time and not to read from our notes.
As you are used from us, we always wrap up our presentation in a dialogue, to make the presentation more enjoyable to our audience. But this time we tried something new: instead of showing slides as we went along we kept it until the end, when we showed a lot of pictures of London and we commented on them.
Being a topic really close to us, finding the right words to say was not difficult, because this time we didn’t use a lot of specific terms, yet we learned a lot of new vocabulary (e.g.: water sprinklers :D)
All in all, doing the presentations has not only helped to me to improve my English, but also to lose my shyness to speak in public which was reflected in my oral presentation for my research project.




No comments: